Mediaeyeproductions

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Nimal Mendis

My name is Nimal Mendis. I am a composer with dual nationality of Sri Lanka and Britian. At present I am living in France. I had 22 songs recorded in Britain in the sixties and appeared on the popular TV show “Top of the Pops " in 1968 with my own song " Feel like a Clown ". It was with my singing partner Sandra Edema as Ranee and Raj. It was a guest appearance. One of my songs " Master Sir " has been a popular song in Sri Lanka for many years. I also wrote " Ganga Addara " for the late Vijay Kumaratunge, our President's husband who was assasinated in 1988 .I have written these and many other popular film songs for our country’s foremost filmmakers Lester and Sumitra Pieris 's . The two songs mentioned are still played often in Sri Lanka.

Contact

Tel: ( 0033 ) 5 45 65 17 66 nimal.mend@wanadoo.fr
My son ( Paulmarie Mendis ) London. Tel: ( 0044 ) 207 272 5748 datamyst@aol.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home